Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 48 - February 28, 2009


I took my hubby on a date tonight. We went to see Gran Torino. As Clint fans, I was sure this would be worth our while. Eh. He loved it. I didn't. As my Mom and I discussed...I really hope this isn't Clint's last film. I'd hate for people my age to remember him that way. I cannot believe how I always disagree with the critics. This movie is as close to a 10-star (overall rating-wise) as I've seen in a long time, but it fell short for me. An hour into the movie, I was squirming and I seriously considered offering to take little Lukas home for night-night because I didn't think I could take any more. It did get better - and I even cried at the end. But I still think they took a reasonably good story line and screwed it up. On the other hand, it makes me so sad that there are thousands and thousands of disgruntled war vets like the one he played who live out the rest of their lives in such misery. Oh, and one more thing - I'm not very easily offended by colorful language, but this one was just about too much for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i totally agree on the language and definately NOT my favorite Clint Eastwood movie...however, i cried at the end too.
there are MILLIONS of people all over the world that live with that kind of war hurt/memories everyday....God bless them!