Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 32 - February 2, 2009

New light fixtures! Our bedroom light hasn't worked for nearly a year - we've made due with a small lamp. I finally found a fixture that would work. I figured I would have to hire an electrician to put it in at the hefty cost of $50 an hour. But my husband did it! I'm so proud of him. Here's a secret - he's scared to death of electricity. He once hung a new ceiling fan for me in an old apartment we had, and we had to turn the power off to the entire place. Not just the dining room he was working in. THE.ENTIRE.PLACE. And even though he knew there wasn't a lick of juice to be found in any wire in the place, he was still terrified the entire time! I love to tease him about it - and he doesn't think it's funny. I'm just glad he's willing to risk his life to make me happy. :) Now, who wants to come over (while I move out) and scrape off all that horrible popcorn texture on the ceiling?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, I hate that popcorn stuff too. Its all through our house, and supposedly a "feature". The original owners apparently had to pay extra for it. WHY ???