Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 45 - February 25, 2009

NEW YORK CITY - HERE I COME! I can't believe it. Tonight I booked our late-April trip to the Big Apple. I've always wanted to go there, just to say I've been there, done that. I think I'm going to love it. We are going in celebration of our 10-year wedding anniversary.

I researched and researched when I was making reservations. I tried to get "the cheaps" every now and again, but talked myself out of it each time. I can't wait to get there and see what I've signed us up for!
Here's where we are staying: The Jumeirah Essex House. World-renowned. Directly across the street from Central Park. Angelina Jolie owns the penthouse on the top floor. Expensive. But never fear, somehow I got a deal! I hope! Hotels in NYC aren't cheap anyway, but when I was browsing after booking, I realized that the published rate for this place is $999/night. Oh.MY.Gosh. That is NOT what I paid. Then I saw where you can buy a room in the place...a one-bedroom little 330 sq foot piece of NYC can be all yours for $1.6 million. Oh and apparently that sign on top (which is SIX stories tall - and can be seen in tons of movies) is NOT appreciated by real estate gurus. I thought that was funny.
The REAL reason for going to NYC is because I want to see a show on Broadway. For real. I am the proud owner of tickets to see South Pacific - my favorite ever - at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre in Lincoln Center. If any of you watched a few years ago when they picked the male/female leads for Grease on a reality show, you can be excited with me in the fact that the gal that won that show (Laura Osnes) will be taking over the lead in South Pacific next month. I can't wait to see her!

I'm dying to talk my husband into ONE MORE SHOW. They have a new one called Rock of Ages that opens in April. It is all the awesome '80s music - Journey, Whitesnake, Twisted Sister, etc - starring Constantine from American Idol a few years ago. I thought for sure that Slade would agree to that seeing that he's an 80s freak right along with me, but he thinks 2 shows on Broadway would be pushing it. :)

I apologize now if this blog becomes NYC obsessed over the next while. I'm totally dying over the idea of this. It's just about all I can think about....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ritzy! and geesh if you're payin that kind of money for a motel...why don't ya build us both a new house? (only kidding!)
i hope you have SO much fun and I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!
maybe one day you and I can do something like that.......