Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 45 - February 15, 2009

Another trip back in to the archives because, well, I didn't touch my camera for two days. Bad me. I just had other things going on. Laziness, mostly. :)

This is one of my favorite pictures - love me that curly perm that lasted for 12 years. And one of my very favorite aunties. She made that cake for me. One of the perks of a December birthday! Not every kid gets a Rudolph cake for their birthday!

Her cake decorating talents followed me beyond my childhood, beyond my teens - and into my twenties. Her hands (along with my other favorite auntie) created a MASTERPIECE of all Masterpieces in my wedding cake. I know it was a horrible task for them, but it was a.m.a.z.i.n.g. Those hands also made the cake that congratulated me on my college graduation and also an adorable Noah's Ark cake that welcomed my first baby just a few short weeks later!

Thanks Diana! You're awesome. I know I deserved a tar-and-feathering from you on more than one occasion. I love you for looking past that and doing such great works of art for me! You are one talented lady.

Sara - Since I doubt your mom knows about my blog, you can just tell her I was talking about her behind her back. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a neat picture and story! made my bout cry....if I had half that much talent, I'd be doing good!