This boy takes after his parents! BOOKWORM! Yay! I hope it sticks with him throughout his entire life. I honestly believe so much in the love of books. Nothing fixes me better than losing myself in the pages of a good story.
I have many of my childbood books - you outta see those things! Tattered and torn, but loved! I love to read those old favorites to my kids. Just last weekend I saw this treasure (published in 1974!) laying on my Mom's counter:
I loved this story about a moose with a loose tooth....but now that I'm reflecting on things, I wonder if maybe this book is the reason why losing teeth was so traumatizing for me - and why it still just skeeves me out! I always warn my kids not to lose their teeth on my watch. They think it's funny.
2 comments:
thanks for turning me into a book worm too!
holy cow have i been missing out on things!!!
I'm with you on the tooth-losing! Grey hasn't lost one yet, and I'm just not looking forward to it. The whole thing is just weird and icky, and I don't at all look forward to the snaggle-toothed look while they're growing back in.
Post a Comment