Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 27 - January 28, 2009

Tonight I really wanted to take another picture of the craft mess on my living room floor, but I just couldn't do it. It's too embarrassing. The monster mess has almost reached my dining area!

BUT, I wanted to prove that I am actually doing something with the mess. I handmake all the gift certificates for my Mom's salon. In fact, that's about all the "scrapping" I get done. After the Christmas rush, her shelves are pretty barren and I need to beef up for Valentines Day. I'm also reminded often that "birthdays and anniversarys don't quit for the special holidays". SO...I've been busy. I have a goal. I want to get her card stash amped up, all my bookwork caught up, keep the laundry caught up and the house decent (minus my little mess). I want to head into the weekend with NOTHING that *must* be done. If I feel like burying my nose in a book, or lounging on the couch watching movies all weekend, I want to be able to do just that. Or maybe I'll decide to paint a room or organize closets. Regardless, I really want to do what I want to do. (Save for the belated Christmas party I am supposed to go to Saturday for Slade's work - ugh.)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Good luck Brit! I wish I could get that caught up. It never seems to happen, EVER!!! Let me know how it goes! lol (BTW-Great cards!!!)

Brit said...

Oh don't worry - I've already decided that I probably won't make my goal. But it was fun to think about for a fleeting second. :)

Anonymous said...

wow! your creativity amazes me! you are great! and if you really need a room to paint, my kitchen/dining room desperately needs done and so does the downstairs bedroom!:)