Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 15 - January 16, 2009

This is all that's left of me. I can't believe my eyes are even open. I'm about to turn on the TV and start watching this week's episodes of Days of Our Lives - knowing full well that I'll be sound asleep in a matter of minutes and will be completely peeved when Slade wakes me up and tries to get me to go to bed. I should go straight to bed right now and work on the book I'm reading until sleep takes over.

I can't believe the amount of stress I am carrying right now. I'm still "happier" than I was this time last year, yet tonight I caught myself longing for what I remember as non-stressful stay-at-home days. However, Slade quickly reminded me that I WAS stressed about things that didn't matter. I was actually fairly difficult to live with.

I long for the day when most of the things I do at work are second-nature and I don't carry it all home with me. I was cruising along nicely for several months, but now for some reason these past few days have felt like hell. I guess everyone goes through moments of feeling stupid and tired and stressed. This too shall pass. I hope. Otherwise it's going to be a looooong 30 years.

Speaking of 30 years, Happy Birthday to my Dad, who is not quite 30 years times two. :)

No comments: