Tonight I went to a high school basketball game. First one in a long time. When the kids were really small, I just couldn't stomach the thought of trying to keep them held in the bleachers. I got brave and took Taylor with me. Wasn't so bad. Wasn't great, but not SO bad. Anyway, the main reason I went is because my "new" team was playing my "old" team.

All my life these two teams have been major rivals. When I was young and dumb, I couldn't imagine being anything other than a Kougar (purple). And if I was going to be anything, it dang sure wasn't going to be a Scottie (white). Here I am - 13 years later - and not only are my kids Scotties, but I pay the Scotties' bills for a living! Insane.
I always have a hard time in my head - I don't know a single kid in purple anymore. But it seems so natural to follow the purple uniforms. Hopefully by the time my kids are old enough to wear the uniforms, I'll have it right.
Oh, WHITE won. :) Not that I'm competitive or anything.
1 comment:
the purple is nicole, so ya still gotta cheer purple once in a while;)
Post a Comment