Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 71 - March 23, 2009

I think I've mentioned here before that I.AM.TIRED.OF.WINTER. However, Mother Nature doesn't seem to be getting my voicemails. Today began with fog, then rain, some thunder and lightening, sleet, more fog, and finally snow. Some local areas also had tornado warnings. It was crazy. I knew when I got up this morning that the sky had something strange in store for us. It was just the creepiest looking haze I've seen in a long time.

My boss sent an email that said we could leave as soon as the students were released and we left work knowing we'd have a 2-hour late start tomorrow at best.

Still. I just wasn't prepared for this.
We had wind gusts up to 80 mph - hurricane force, they said. Yeah, there's a reason or two that I don't live in Florida and hurricanes is one of them. Lord help me! I can't take any more of this. Sadly, I know I'm not going to get my way.

No comments: