So, to build myself up...I thought about my wish list. My Big Apple Wish List. These are the things I want to see before I come home. Some stupid, some not. But I guess they are what is iconic to me about the city.
First off, and of course, my main reason for going: Broadway
Tickets are purchased!!Then, it wouldn't be a sucessful trip without seeing Lady Liberty:
I desperately want to make it out to her and actually tour, to try to imagine what it must have felt like all those years ago as our ancestors approached Ellis Island. I don't have tickets yet because I'm terrified of wasting an entire day standing in line to get on a ferry. We'll check it out with conceirge when we get there.Because I'm a nerd, I really want to step inside and watch the action on Wall Street for a minute. I can't imagine the excitement. I want to walk out of there feeling totally excited that I don't have to go to work everyday and work in a chaotic atmosphere:

I also want to seek out the stoop they used in filming Sex & The City. You know, "Carrie's House". I know, I know. It's just a dumb show (that I happen to love). But I also have that show to thank for pulling my curiosities to New York. I've heard and read that it's nearly impossible to get close to anymore, and that the actually property owner will cuss your butt out for taking pictures. We'll see. If nothing else, I'll venture on down and try to get a famous cupcake from the Magnolia Bakery.
Finally, I CAN'T come home before I stop at Hard Rock Cafe. Everywhere I go, this is a must for me. I collect their T-shirts, wear the crap out of them, and then put them away because someday I want someone to make a quilt for me out of all of them. So far I have Orlando, Chicago, Tokyo (Dad brought it for me), Puerto Vallarta (from a friend), Sydney Australia (again, a friend) and Washington, DC. I have lots more to get before I have enough for a quilt, but someday I'll get there! I love Hard Rocks!!!
2 comments:
Keep collecting and I'll make your quilt! what a cool idea!!! i'm not wordly enough to help ya much!;)
that all looks great! don't forget to head over to rockefeller center too! ( although the ice skating ends around April 19th, it is a vey cool place to see!) What play are you going to see?
Post a Comment