Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 67 - March 19, 2009

I had a conversation today with a soon-to-be Mother of the Bride. Something I'll never be. That's okay. Mother of the Groom is just as good. Right? RIGHT? Anyway, she was panicking because before too long she'll need to start shopping for a dress. This then led to talk of our own weddings. We both agreed that if we were to do it all over again, things would probably be much different. I would've chosen colors other than the royal blue and silver I had. I wouldn't have gotten married in the dead heat of June. I would've embraced my skinny self then and worn something more, um, I don't know...but probably not what I did. I wouldn't have had the girl who totally ripped us off do our hair. It looked like crap anyway.

So, then I started thinking about other weddings. Does everyone feel this way? Let's take my aunt, for example. Would she still choose to get married shortly before Christmas? Would she have chosen different dresses? Would she have had Vern kneel down or sit on a stool, so that maybe it wasn't so obvious that he's 7 feet tall? Would she have toned down the clan of kids? Particularly the one on the left - who is clearly having a fit? You know, the one who, 28 years later, still knows what she was having a fit about? Yeah, that one.


I should ask her one of these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is one HOT wedding party! and vern would still look 7 feet tall even kneeling down;) and what was the fit about anyways! you're just to darn cute!

Anonymous said...

My God, I recognize most of those people. Look at how young and innocent(NOT)some of those faces look.