I know, I know...vampires aren't your thing. Mine either. Mythology isn't your gig. Nope, me either. Teen love? Not so much my bag. But I have to tell you, I really did enjoy this series. This coming from the girl who couldn't get into Harry Potter. I'll try those again sometime, but for now, I am totally ticked at myself for devouring these and not saving at least the last one for my upcoming travels. I NEED to find something good to take with me. Traveling makes me crazy. So, when you're ready, I own all four of these and will happily lend them out! For now, please, please, I'm open to any and all recommendations - - now that I've read the vampire books, I can say I'll read almost anything. BUT, here's the catch, it's got to be "easy" reading. I've tried lots of those popular, must-reads. Think The Kite Runner or Water For Elephants. Yeah, no luck for me. Anyone got ideas?
Friday, March 20, 2009
Day 68 - March 20, 2009
Okay, I wasn't going to do it. I wasn't going to say a word. But I have to.
I know, I know...vampires aren't your thing. Mine either. Mythology isn't your gig. Nope, me either. Teen love? Not so much my bag. But I have to tell you, I really did enjoy this series. This coming from the girl who couldn't get into Harry Potter. I'll try those again sometime, but for now, I am totally ticked at myself for devouring these and not saving at least the last one for my upcoming travels. I NEED to find something good to take with me. Traveling makes me crazy. So, when you're ready, I own all four of these and will happily lend them out! For now, please, please, I'm open to any and all recommendations - - now that I've read the vampire books, I can say I'll read almost anything. BUT, here's the catch, it's got to be "easy" reading. I've tried lots of those popular, must-reads. Think The Kite Runner or Water For Elephants. Yeah, no luck for me. Anyone got ideas?
I know, I know...vampires aren't your thing. Mine either. Mythology isn't your gig. Nope, me either. Teen love? Not so much my bag. But I have to tell you, I really did enjoy this series. This coming from the girl who couldn't get into Harry Potter. I'll try those again sometime, but for now, I am totally ticked at myself for devouring these and not saving at least the last one for my upcoming travels. I NEED to find something good to take with me. Traveling makes me crazy. So, when you're ready, I own all four of these and will happily lend them out! For now, please, please, I'm open to any and all recommendations - - now that I've read the vampire books, I can say I'll read almost anything. BUT, here's the catch, it's got to be "easy" reading. I've tried lots of those popular, must-reads. Think The Kite Runner or Water For Elephants. Yeah, no luck for me. Anyone got ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I traveled a lot thepast 6 months and read a TON of books- here are a few i really enjoyed!
Speak- by Laurie halse Anderson
Fever 1793 " "" ""
The longest trip home- John Grogan( he's my neighbor!)
The boy in the striped pyjamas- John Boyne
We live in the Arctic - constance and harmon helmerick ( out of print, but worth looking for)
I re-read the whole series by Vilhelm Moberg and they are SO good- especially since you are going to NYC! the Emmigrants
Unto a new land
the settlers
the last letter home
I just got hooked on these!!! As a matter of fact, I finished New Moon last night and promptly went to Wally World to get Eclipse while I sit on the freaking wait list for the end one, can't remember the name lol. Either way, totally with you on these!
Post a Comment