I admit - I watched it for all the wrong reasons in the beginning. I can't help that Kirk Cameron was my #1 heart throb during my younger years, until the New Kids On the Block came along and aced him out. I just tossed him to the curb and never game him much thought again. Then he puts out this totally amateur movie and I remember why I thought he was so cute 18 years ago. He's still cute. :) This flick can feel a little preachy at times, but there are some profound moments in the movie, and I admit - I cried my eyes out a couple of times. The message is good. The acting is not. The storyline is totally unoriginal, but Kirk makes up for that when he's rescuing people. :)

All joking aside, I promptly bought The Love Dare (the "project" this movie is based on) because this is seriously something that will not hurt me. I'm not totally horrible to live with and be married to, but I fully recognize that I have some room for lots of improvement most days. I get so caught up in the day-to-day routine that I take for granted the fact that Slade is here through thick and thin, that he loves me even at my worst, and that I can certainly learn a thing or two from anyone who is super good at relationships.
Slade knows I have the book and every day he asks me "Is it Day One yet"? Ha. No, I haven't gotten around to it. I'm supposed to be shredding every day (Jillian Michaels), Project 365, bookwork - all these things that need done EVERY.SINGLE.DAY - my excuses for not getting to this have already started. :) I'll get to it soon. Meanwhile, Slade waits for Day One, for me to put him back up on the pedastal where he's pretty sure he belongs. :)
1 comment:
i agree with the poor acting, but the story is GREAT! and I cried like a baby as well. super good and makes us think huh?
Post a Comment