Sunday, February 3, 2008

Shhh....Do You Hear It?

Listen....would you just LISTEN to that silence?! Sweet, sweet music to this crazy mother's ears.

That's right, folks, for the first time EVER - my husband took the boys to the ranch with him *alone*. A-L-O-N-E. Grandma isn't there to keep them in the house for him. Grandpa isn't there to take them in the pickup with him. It's allllll up to Slade.

I can't believe it. I could hardly contain myself last night, as I waited for them to load up and go. They wouldn't leave until I fed them, but I couldn't exactly put supper on at 3pm without it looking a little fishy.

I spent the entire day dreaming of what I would do with all that quiet time. I debated over scrapping, renting a PPV movie, mopping the kitchen floor, sorting bookshelves, and shampooing carpets. I can tell you right now what DIDN'T win: anything that resembled housework.

I actually scrapped about 4 pages until I felt like I hit a "writers block". Then I came upstairs and ate almost an entire row of Oreos - I'm already stressed about my weight, so why not? Cozied into the couch in hopes of finding a really good chick flick on PPV and actually found NOTHING. NOT ONE THING. So, I watched everything I had backlogged on the DVR, then settled for Father of the Bride II on AMC. That's pretty bad considering that it's how old, not even a close favorite, AND I've seen it 507 times. I watched until I started dozing - right about where he puts that beautiful house on the market because it gets infested with termites. (So, I didn't make it very far.)

I talked myself into bed, at 12:33 on a Saturday night - thank you very much for your enthusiastic support - I am a dynamic social butterfly these days. I snugged right into the very middle of the mattress and fell fast asleep in about, oh, 2.3 seconds.

Until the damn dog started barking, and carrying on, and throwing his food dish around, and whining, and howling like a little ghost. Sometimes I hate him. Really.Bad. He only does this when Slade isn't here - now how in the world did he know Slade wasn't here? I sure didn't tell him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!! I wish I had your writing skills!! Is this what happens when you stay home with kids?? Guess I'll find out and let you know!