Sunday, February 3, 2008

My 2 New Favorite Movie Lines...

My Mom and I had a girls night out and went to see "Juno" the other night. OMG. That was such a cute little movie. Cracked.me.up.

So, if you have seen it, you can maybe relate. If you haven't, this will feel like one of those "ya shoulda been there" kinda things.

Two lines in that movie will stay with me forever.

First, when Juno is standing in the convenience store after peeing on her third pregnancy test that has popped a very distinct positive...the clerk asks her what it says and she starts frantically shaking it. The clerk informs her that she isn't dealing with an Etch-A-Sketch and then says:

'This is one doodle that can't be un-did, Homeskillet.'

HOMESKILLET? Lawsie Mercy! Who calls someone a Homeskillet!? But even more, why does it suddenly fit her when he calls her that? OMG.

And my second favorite line comes from her Dad, shortly after she informs her parents of her condition. She gets upset and leaves the room. Dad asks stepmom if she saw that coming, etc, etc. He gets quiet, shakes his head, and says:

'Next time I see that Bleeker kid, I'm going to punch him in the weiner."

Obviously, Bleeker is the last name of the kid that knocked up his daughter.

But the reason that strikes me as so funny is this...I mean, most fathers would say "I'm going to kill that kid", "I'm going to wring that boy's neck", "I'm gonna kick his scrawny little ass."....You know, real upset, father type of things. Who says "punch him in the weiner??? This father does and it FIT! Loved it.

I'll never forget when my Dad saw my first (and almost last) hickey. His response was "When I find out who did this to you, they are getting a lifetime supply of Tootsie Pops, so they have something other than my daughter to suck on."

LMAO.

No comments: