Anyway, every time a new season of one of the shows starts, Slade will inevitably walk through the room and say "New season?" Then he'll want a total rundown of what's happening. It makes me want to scream at him that he should sit down and watch with me, then I wouldn't have to give him commentary!
Tonight I was watching Idol and he happened to walk through when Scott McIntyre was on. He looked at him and said "Ohhh, the producers need to fix on him". I informed him that they already had! So, I showed him how he looked when he first started the show. Then he responded with "Well, those eyes. There's just something about his eyes." "Slade, he's blind."
He got the funniest look on his face, shrugged his shoulders and then said "Oh well, nevermind, he doesn't care how he looks then." It was totally a had-to-be-there kind of conversation, but it struck me so funny.
Scott was a talented guy, but I guess it was his time to go. He wouldn't have been what they were totally looking for, though I think he probably would've turned out more successful than Taylor Hicks - who has totally made a mockery of me. I swore at the time that I was his only fan. It was the gray hair. Anyone my age with more gray hair than me has my heart. But, I wouldn't exactly call him a raging success these days. Poor guy. It was probably the hair. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment