For Christmas, I got Slade a flat screen tv, which then began the dilemma of what to do with it. It didn't fit in our existing entertainment center. I didn't want it mounted on the wall. We do have a ledge around our basement that it sat on for a long time. Finally, after shopping myself to death, I found the stand I wanted. I ordered it in January. It showed up today.
I was lucky and happened to be home for lunch when FedEx pulled in and unloaded two big huge cartons. I cleared my schedule, fixed supper early and made sure Slade would be home to help me "assemble" it that night.
Let me tell you now - I totally got April Fooled. I painstakingly unpacked and accounted for each piece, got all necessary tools ready to go and drug my husband away from the computer so he could help me. That's when we discovered they shipped the thing with NO INSTRUCTIONS!!! UGh. WHY?!
We put all the pieces in the spare room away from the kids, and tried contacting the company, which was of course closed.
I said a few naughty things and then swore I would never ever ever again buy a piece of "furniture" that I needed to build. The dang thing probably cost as much as if I had found a real piece in a furniture store. So, happy April Fool's Day to me!
1 comment:
well Slade is so good at that kind of stuff he doesn't need directions anyways!:)
Post a Comment