I remember thinking that I couldn't wait for him to be about 10 years old, so we could do things like fight over the remote control and pair together in total deviousness. Of course, by then I would be 15, and have better things to do. What I didn't realize that when he reached about age 6, he would become more of a handful than I would ever want to deal with.
He was never a big kid, but he was scrappy little turd and started giving me a run for my money by the time he started toddling. I used to make him SO mad and the look on his face said everything he was thinking in his little peabrain head - "I'm so going to kick your ass one of these days".
That day came and by the time I entered college, the kid was more than I could take. He wanted to wrestle and take me down and give me wedgies. And on good days, he could get it done. I survived several years of this sort of torment.
Then I got pregnant and he couldn't screw with me anymore. I relished in those 9 months for that simple fact.
And now I have kids - so they get to take all the torture. THANK GOD. I am still relishing in this.
Because, if he did this to me....I'd be "so screwed".
Or worse yet, if he did this to me, I'd be so mad at him that I wouldn't know what to do with myself.
It's amazing how priorities change with age - I have no desire to fight with him over the remote or be his partner in crime. I want him to leave me alone and pick on my kids. It's much easier that way.
1 comment:
How funny. Arn't little brothers the best though?... makes me miss my brother ... cute pictures!
Post a Comment