Well, okay, I sure could have started it off with more sleep, but that was my own fault. My sister in law ended up showing up out of nowhere last night, so we worked budgets and tax numbers until 2am. Then, I had to watch an hour of TV so I wouldn't do tax numbers in my sleep. Woke up late and had to rush Spencer out the door to school. I hate starting days like that. Thankfully, it doesn't happen very often.
We lounged around for a bit this morning, then got ready and spent most of the day getting pampered at my Mom's salon. Oh how I love that my mother owns a full-service salon. SMILE. I got much needed color and will have to go back tomorrow for a cut.
I did sneak off to retrieve the kids from Preschool (Spencer and Kelcey) only to learn that Spencer gave himself a haircut. I felt really bad because I could tell his teacher would have rather crawled in a hole than tell me. I really think it was an honest mistake - that he was sitting there waiting for instructions on what to do next and suddenly it was over. Miss Diane said she wouldn't have probably noticed right away except that there was a big chunk of blond hair laying by his glue bottle. Another thing that leads me to think it was unintentional - had he really realized what happened, I think he would have tried to get rid of the hair. And the final thing that makes me think it was an OOPS is that he is very mortified. In fact, I had to wait until he went to sleep to get a picture.
I popped him into Mom's for a quick look and I have faith that we'll get him fixed right up.
The best part about today was the fact that Slade was home to chase after Taylor, and Spencer after school. AND I was "good" enough to put supper in the crock pot this morning, so I didn't have to deal with that this evening. YAY Me!
I topped off the day with a big nap on the couch, which indicates why it's now almost midnight and I'm going strong, save for the burning eyes.
Tomorrow it will be back to the books, back to the classroom at church, and back to the lanes at the bowling alley. I'm not quite ready yet, but you know that old saying....Ready or Not, Here I Come....
No comments:
Post a Comment