Saturday, March 15, 2008

I Love Dave.

For those you of that talk to me often in real life, you'll want to just skip this because you're tired of hearing about it. For those of who you don't, you might want to skip it, too, unless you are ready for a really big infomercial.

I HEART DAVE RAMSEY. There. Dave - I love you! I love what you've done in my life! I love what you've done for my marriage. THANK YOU.

Ha. Ok, no, I'm not having an affair with someone named Dave Ramsey. I don't even know Dave. But I like to think I do. He is my very own financial planner. :) He doesn't know it - but he is.

Seriously, if you've only heard about Dave, but never "googled" him, please do. If you've been putting off reading his books, please don't put him off anymore.

We started Financial Peace University (crash course) right after Christmas and got ourselves on track for the new year. I was talking to my Mom today about financial stuff and I realized how far we've come in such a short time. So, I thought I'd share.

From January 1 - March 15 we have:

Paid off debt of $3,713.00
Saved $956.00
Moved some small investments around
Purchased more and better life insurance

2 and a half months. And you know what - after the initial ache of SEEING your entire financial picture, this does not hurt. AT ALL. It's amazing what happens when a person actually pays attention to their money! I'd read several of Dave's books, but never got serious until I got the husband on board. So, if you ever feel like you need some guidance in any aspect of your financial life, please PLEASE find a class near you!

Ok - stepping down. On to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: