Lots of blogs you'll read have 100 Things About Me - and they say it's a difficult list to compile. I'm not one to turn down a good challenge, so here we go:
1. I was born in Rapid City, SD after a labor that could have killed my Mom.
2. My first and only ambulance ride was during said labor.
3. My parents were so proud of my pretty going-home-from-the-hospital dress, then we got to the parking lot and I exploded poop all over it.
4. I grew up on a ranch - 20 miles was the nearest grocery store, and that was all gravel roads.
5. I started driving almost before I could write my name.
6. I started piano lessons at age 4.
7. I didn't go to preschool, but a neighbor lady "tutored" me before school. It was good for both of us.
8. I went to grade school at a "country school".
9. I rode a bus more than 10o miles a day to get to and from school.
10. I was a band geek - I played the saxophone, trumpet, coronet, keyboards, drums, and I could play the clarinet if I absolutely had to.
11. Even though I can't sing, I was an alternate for All-State Chorus when I was a senior. I think they felt sorry for me.
12. Everyone was my friend in high school.
13. When I was a sophomore, I could play a mean game of pool. I've since lost that talent.
14. My parents and friends threw me a surprise Sweet 16 party - and surprise me they did!
15. I loved my high school boyfriend's parents more than I loved him most of the time.
16. I bought my first car when I was a senior...waited tables to make my payment.
17. I learned to love golf the summer before I went to college. I haven't golfed since that summer.
18. I started my college life as a Pharmacy major, but the chemistry made me a miserable person to be around.
19. I attended 3 colleges before finally settling and graduating with a BA in Financial Accounting.
20. I cleaned vacant apartments in exchange for our rent while I was in college.
21. My get-me-through college job was at Spiegel catalog.
22. I also worked for a dental lab, where I did the prep work for dentures and crowns.
23. Before I was smart enough to figure out I was pregnant with my first son, I thought I had diabetes.
24. Naming my kids were one of the hardest things I've ever done!
25. I will never forget the day we decided I would be able to be a SAH mom. Cloud NINE.
26. I am the oldest of three kids - I have a little brother and a little sister.
27. I always claim my favorite color is blue, but I'm truly not sure I have a favorite.
28. My favorite foods in the whole world are Indian Tacos and cheesecake.
29. I'm an accountant, but I'm really lousy with advanced math. Good thing accountants only need to add, subtract, multiply and divide!
30. I'm very good with English grammar, though sometimes I talk like I'm not.
31. I'm a perfectionist to the point of, well, let's put it this way - if I think I can't do it perfectly, then I choose not to do it at all.
32. I hate #31 about myself.
33. I like animals, but I don't really want any of them in my house. In fact, I really don't want them in my yard either. They belong where the buffalo roam.
34. I bite my fingernails, usually while I'm driving.
35. My husband is 5 1/2 years older than I am.
36. My initial meeting with him was when he stopped me for speeding. It was NOT love at first sight - and I make sure he knows that STILL.
37. I have two little boys, ages 5 and almost 3. I *think* I want one more - but I spend more time wavering back and forth than actually trying for one.
38. People get after me that "you have to have a girl". Truth is - I really think I'd be okay without one.
39. I'm a Daddy's girl.
40. My Mom is one of my very best friends.
41. I hate tomato soup - if I even smell it, I gag.
42. Loose hair just makes me sick. If it's attached, it doesn't bother me. If it's not, I'll be ill.
43. Because of #42, my husband has to clean my hairbrush.
44. My Mom is a hairdresser - does that have something to do with my hair fear?
45. I love my youngest son's name more than my older son's name.
46. BUT I love my sons equally. :)
47. I love to read, but rarely find enough time to read as much as I'd like.
48. I also love to scrapbook, but I collect supplies more than I actually use them. Someday.
49. I could watch hour after hour of reality or home improvement tv.
50. I hate wearing shoes. I'm either barefoot, in slippers or flip-flops.
51. I am terrified of anything amphibious or reptilies. Snakes are the worst.
52. I'm a country girl, but I'm perfectly content living in town. For now.
53. I'm an awful traveler. I can't sleep in the car very well, but I get very restless very quickly.
54. One of my life dreams is to be a photographer.
55. I would also like to be a florist.
56. Or I'd make a good librarian.
57. I like my house because of the potential I know it has, but at this moment I hate my house.
58. I wish I had a green thumb, but it's as black as it can get.
59. I desire to have a beautiful home, but alas, I don't.
60. I don't think I'm materialistic, when really I sortof am.
61. I don't worry about keeping up with the Jones', but I really do love things.
62. I check my email non-stop all day long.
63. I tried to fly standby to Florida once. I made it, but I'll never do it again.
64. I had so much fun at our wedding, but if I had to do it over, it would be completely different.
65. I already have many of my funeral arrangements written down. Somewhere.
66. I really am afraid of dying.
67. I am full of faith, but I am not all that religious.
68. I worry about what people think of me.
69. I wish I could decorate cakes, but they are almost always a disaster.
70. I am a total night owl, and I wish I wasn't.
71. I'm not a packrat, but I also have a hard time parting with some things.
72. I volunteer way too much.
73. I am a Republican, but I don't always vote straight ticket.
74. I vote - ALWAYS.
75. I have never donated blood. Mostly because they don't really need mine, but the few times I got brave enough to try, they turned me away.
76. The worst part of labor and delivery was the IV...and I had both kids with no epidural.
77. If I have another one, I want an epidural at month 7.
78. I think my body is absolutely disgusting, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.
79. I would love to be able to dance - like on Dancing with the Stars.
80. I also really wish I could sing. Broadway is where I would be HAPPY.
81. I always said I'd marry someone who could sing. Well, he can't. He couldn't carry a tune if you put it in a bucket for him. He also can't keep a 4/4 beat.
82. I think my husband is one of the smartest people in the world - but alot of what he knows is useless information.
83. I am determined to be completely debt free in 6 more years.
84. I am scared to death of raising kids that will become menaces to society. My sister in law already thinks they are.
85. I want to live in Tuscany for a month or two.
86. I've been to lots of states - but I've never been next door to North Dakota.
87. I have no desire to see California. And I could care less about Las Vegas as well.
88. I live life in fear that it is passing me by. I haven't learned yet how to absorb it all.
89. Most of my good friends have been older. Wonder if it was because I was an only child for almost 6 years. SIX years of nothing but adults!
90. I have never in my life touched illegal drugs...not even pot.
91. I love Diet Sunkist.
92. I cannot stand coffee. Or tea. Or soups. Maybe it's a "hot" thing.
93. All is right with the world when the laundry is caught up.
94. I can't see well to drive at night. My depth perception goes out the door.
95. I love to fall asleep while listening to rain.
96. I spend the entire year dreaming of how wonderful I'll make the Christmas season, and it never turns out to be much more than a chaotic mess.
97. If I didn't have my Mom color my hair, I would be completely gray. Serious.
98. I hate my feet. Why did my sister get the good hair AND the cute feet?
99. I wish I wasn't scared to have Lasik eye surgery.
100. I could not live without my laptop, my phone and my DVR.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment