I cannot believe it's been two months since I posted anything. I always try to blame the fact that I don't have anything to blog about, but that simply cannot be true.
April was entirely down the tube by the time we got our big Hospital Auxiliary fundraiser out of the way. May was dedicated to graduation celebrations and all the end-of-the-school-year obligatory stuff. And we got sick in there - all of us - but wouldn't you know I was the ONLY soul actually diagnosed with something. Figures. I had a really rotten case of strep throat.
Let me tell you something about strep throat that I didn't know before....
My cousin Shari always used to get strep and she would be so deathly ill. Fevers, throwing up, chills - just down right sick. And it was always strep. Now, I never doubted her, but my experience with strep throat has never involved anything more than a sore throat. Not this time. I was SICK. With the world's worst case ever. It had to be.
Anyway, on to June - June has been dedicated to my little sister's rodeos. I love this - but I have nearly had to sell the fat calf to afford this. I'm not even competing or pulling the trailer in a rig that's kind enough to get you 8 mpg. No entry fees for me. No fancy accessories. Nothing.
I do however have hotel rooms, meals, fuel to get there, admissions at the gate (thank God kids are free) and the highway robbery of concession stands. Now maybe ole' Dave has taught me a thing or two - but I nearly had heart failure when I saw that a small nachos was $4.00 and super nachos (which included NOTHING more than nachos except some bad-tasting meat) for $5.50. I know it's all for a good cause, but my gawd.
Moral of my entire story, I guess, is that living frugally like I'd like to has not been successful. Now for my Dave students - I'm still doing it all with cash and not borrowing any money, and debts are still getting paid....but it's starting to get old when I think that I could have had that dream dining room table paid for twice over.
But you know what? It's all for my little sister's last show. She'll head to college in a few short weeks - and with any luck she'll hang up her spurs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment